After much prayer and consideration, and in the spirit of doing our part to help “flatten the curve,” Villa Heights Baptist Church will cancel ALL activities (including private events) from today, March 17th, until further notice. We are praying, hoping and anticipating at least a limited schedule by Sunday, April 5th. With that being said, please note the following items that we have put in place to help us maintain the vital connections within our church family:
- Every evening at 7:01 PM, Pastor Jake will Facebook Live a dedicated time of Bible study prayer for our church, our community, our Valley, Our Nation and our world. You can watch this live stream at www.facebook.com/villaheights. You can participate without an account! A pop-up window will ask you to sign in or create an account, but there will also be an option you can click that says “not now” to continue.
- Pastor Jake will also be preaching via Facebook Live on Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM. Same details as mentioned above.
- The Friday Update will include Pastor Jake’s sermon notes as an attachment. He will also include some discussion questions to help keep us connected as a church family.
- Though we may not be having activities, staff will be working, ministering and reaching out to those in need. Please check your email regularly in order to stay up to date as to how you can be involved.
- Sunday School will play a critical role in meeting the needs of our people. We encourage you to CALL (not text) at least three people that you normally do not talk to every week. It is imperative that we intentionally maintain, and even build on our relationships! Check on people and ask if they need help! If you or your Sunday School class cannot meet that need, call the church office and the Deacons and staff will do what we can.
- Just as your staff will continue doing ministry, Villa Heights will also continue supporting our local, state, national and world missions. Since we will not collect an offering, we would encourage you to make online donations via our DONATE page., If you have questions about electronic giving please contact Willie. You may also mail your offerings to Villa Heights Baptist Church, 4080 Challenger Ave., Roanoke, VA 24019.
With all of the changes in our world and with the way we are doing church during this season, the most important change we as a church family can make is to up our game when it comes to loving God and loving others! We must be intentional in this or it will slip through the cracks.
Finally, continue with your Bible reading, daily prayer and quiet times and lift this whole situation up in prayer!